Welcome to this week’s edition of Archrival | Dachis Group Presents: Buzz of the Week.
Hola, amigos! The Super Bowl and all its pageantry descended upon pop-culture this week, bringing with it a slew of overhyped commercials, a nail-biter of a game, and an uncomfortable half-time show that reminded 114 million people that Madonna’s best years are roughly a decade behind her now.
We also got a lesson in the proper pronunciation of certain words, we learned that the Green Bay Packers have itself quite the devil of a quarterback, were reminded that some kids take stickers very, very seriously, and are treated to a melodramatic interpretation of 7th grade angst.
Happy Friday, everone!
- Will Farrell made a Super Bowl ad for Old Milwaukee and it aired in just one TV market in the entire country: North Platte, Nebraska.
- Aaron Rodgers is more than just an NFL quarterback and classy insurance spokesman – he’s also a master photo-bomber.
- This is pretty neat.
- Probability that this kid will be dateless for his senior prom 8 years from now? A million percent.
- So that’s how you pronounce hors d’oeuvres!
- Who needs Barry White when you’ve got these super romantic Valentine’s Day cards?
- So that’s how you pronounce haute couture!
- What’s wrong with these dogs? Oh. They’re upside down. Got it.
- The new Expendables sequel looks bloated and lame.